Experience a true Colorado outdoor wilderness adventure. We provide guides, trailhead logistical support, and group equipment (stoves, cooking equipment, first aid and emergency gear). Participants will need to provide sleeping bags, pads, backpacks and tents (rental equipment can be arranged if needed).
Colorado's 10th Mountain Division Hut System offers limitless ways to explore the Rocky Mountain backcountry with the comfort of a comfy bed and rustic roof overhead. Either stay in one hut or link together several, all in the company of a knowledgeable guide
Sangree Hut: Hiking, Yoga, & More!
Our women’s only hut trips to are the perfect trip for women who want to get out and hike, explore and adventure all while being in the comfort of a luxurious hut. This year join us at the Sangree M. Froelicher Hut which is located at 11,650' near Leadville, Colorado so it provides easy access if you are coming from the Denver, Vail, or Aspen area.
This trip is 3 days and 2 nights and will be filled with various hikes and adventures from the hut to beautiful nearby locations. After a long day of backcountry exploration, relax with a glass of wine by the fire connecting with new friends! Breakfast and dinner will be group meals prepared by 2-3 ladies at a time (this will be organized ahead of time). You will be responsible for bringing your own snacks and lunch.
There is no better place that the wilderness to get inspired and be inspired!
July 19-21st, 2018
Itinerary (subject to change):
Thursday July 19th, 2018
- Meet at the Buckeye Gulch Trailhead (located 4.6 miles from the junction of Highways 24 and 91 in Leadville) at 10 AM
- Hike to the Sangree Hut (3.1 miles)
- Ease into the evening and explore around the hut if that calls you, followed by an evening yoga session
- Group dinner
Friday July 20th, 2018
- Wake up and eat a group breakfast followed by a morning yoga session to help prepare us for the day ahead
- Hike from the hut and explore the local area, potentially hike to the summit of Buckeye Peak.
- That evening we will relax at the hut and have another group dinner
Saturday July 21st, 2018
- Wake up and have our last group breakfast followed by another morning yoga session to stretch out our tired legs!
- We will pack up, clean up the hut, and head back to the Buckeye Gulch trailhead in the afternoon
- Say our goodbye's and drive back home
Preparing for the trip:
As the Sangree Hut is located at 11,650' it is very important that you are adequately fit, meaning you can hike 3-5 miles a day with elevation gain and a heavy pack. If you do not live at altitude, we recommend you train beforehand by hiking 3-5 miles a day, 3-5x a week with a backpack. Always remember to drink plenty of water and fuel yourself properly. Everyone handles altitude differently so it is very important that you listen to your own body and give it what it needs.