Inspired By The Mountains
Leave the Boys Behind is a female-specific guiding program started by Aspen Alpine Guides, an Aspen based professional guide Service. Aspen Alpine Guides has been providing quality mountain guiding adventures year-round in Aspen, Colorado since 1987. Leave the Boys Behind hosts backcountry adventure trips throughout the year that include skiing, snowboarding, backcountry hut trips, mountain and road biking, trail running, backpacking, peak climbs, avalanche courses, and international treks. All trips are designed by and led by women for women. We also specialize in creating custom backcountry adventures for individuals and groups of all abilities and sizes.
The Leave the Boys Behind program was started with the intention of creating an all-female experience in and around the pristine wilderness and rugged mountains of Aspen, Colorado. Our goal is to include females of all ability levels and ages in organized adventure that encompass a wide variety of sports. The drive to create Leave the Boys Behind stems from our desire to host outrageously fun experiences in the wilderness where the pressure from the boys is left at home.
Aspen Alpine Guides and Leave the Boys Behind are equal opportunity service providers and employers that operate under a special use permit from the USDA Forest Service, White River National Forest.
Featured Trips & Programs
Castle Peak Mountaineering Course
The Castle Peak Mountaineering weekend course is a collaborative program with Colorado Mountain School and is a co-ed trip. This course will teach you the skills needed to climb a peak along with how to camp in a alpine setting. This trip is a great opportunity to learn new skills or brush up on your mountaineering skills with the added bonus of summiting a classic Colorado 14er.
Sangree Hut: Hiking, Yoga, & MOre!
This summer join us at the Sangree M. Froelicher Hut. This trip is 2 nights and 3 days and will be filled with various hikes and adventures from the hut to beautiful nearby locations. The Sangree Hut is located at 11,650' in central Colorado. Dates: July 19-21st, 2018
Aspen is filled with endless trails leading right out of downtown Aspen to some of the most breathtaking views in the surrounding mountains. Join us on one of our running trips, push yourself on a guided trail run, or let us help you train for a race.
- We at Aspen Alpine Guides & Leave The Boys Behind strive to provide a model for an individual-focused guide service that continues to maintain safety, leadership and passion for the outdoors.
- Our commitment to providing outstanding guides ensures that our guides are able to work towards their goals and create memorable experiences.
- We are committed to being a resource to the community by sharing our passion for teaching and education.
- We foster a mutual respect and appreciation for environmental stewardship and healthy lifestyles.
- We continue to commit to our guests’ goals by guiding with integrity, authenticity and passion. Above all, we value the relationships we have built with our guests and each other.
- We practice principles that will help our community maintain its mountain lifestyle, so we all can enjoy the beautiful mountains for years to come.
Note: Our guiding principles were created in the Spring of 2013 in a collaborative process by the guides from Aspen Alpine Guides & Leave The Boys Behind.